Before Your Abortion
Before any type of medical procedure, a good doctor will use the following steps:
- Discuss Treatment Options
The best decision is an informed decision, made after you have all the information available to you about your current health as well as the impacts of all your options.* If you are pregnant, it’s important to take the following steps before deciding between abortion, adoption, and parenting:
- Receive a Health Assessment – It’s important to determine your overall health prior to any medical procedure. For example, the risk for complications with an abortion increases if you have an STD.
- Get a Clinical Pregnancy Test – Although the accuracy of home pregnancy tests is high, a medical professional needs to confirm your pregnancy.
- Determine Viability and Gestational Age – A positive pregnancy test does not guarantee a viable pregnancy (one that will continue). Did you know that 1 in 5 pregnancies end on their own before 7 weeks? Also, because the risks associated with each type of abortion increase the farther along in you are, it is important to determine the gestational age of your pregnancy. An ultrasound is the only accurate way to determine viability and gestational age.
- Treatment Options Discussion – Your provider should discuss all of your pregnancy options with you and answers all of your questions, free from bias, pressure or judgment.
These services are medically necessary before any abortion procedure, and are all available for FREE at Your First Look.
Come to Your First Look first–the best decision is an informed decision. Schedule your free pre-termination evaluation today.